Searching for the best vacuum cleaner can be something difficult for those that trying to select them for the first time. Especially if you had to focus on one brand but then difficult to decide which product is the worth series to get. This is also happening when people try to select between Irobot Roomba 891 vs 890 for their first time. The products are quite similar but some specific features to consider when trying to get the most worth buying series. For those that experience this difficulty and plan to get the product as soon as possible, the next paragraphs will show you some overviews.
Irobot Roomba Brand
Irobot Roomba is one of the brands that has been trusted by many users in the world. Especially for those pet owners that need to clean their area every day to avoid dust and fur. Irobot has been one of the excellent vacuum cleaners to help those struggling with these issues. However, looking at the consumer response, Roomba decides to launched Irobot Roomba 891 vs 890. Therefore, many consumers will get confused to select if this is their first time selecting the vacuum cleaner. Including those that thinking to update their 890 version to 891 versions. Before making any selections, it will be good to check on the following explanations first.
|Irobot Roomba 891||Irobot Roomba 890|
|Product Dimensions||13.9 x 13.9 x 3.59 inches||13 x 13 x 3.6 inches|
|Shipping Weight||10.08 pounds||8.4 pounds|
|Best offer||Check price||Check price|
Irobot Roomba 891 vs 890 comes from the same brand and an almost similar series. Therefore, it should not wonder if both having some similar features and specifications. For those that interest to get this information, the following lists are the similar features of each product.
- In terms of sizing, there is no further change in the dimension of each product. If Irobot Roomba 890 launched with a size of 13.9in x 13.9in x 3.6in, then the 891 version is also similar. The same way with the overall weight of both items. Both are consisting of 8.4punds weight. Therefore, whether you select Irobot Roomba 891 or 890, they will give you the same sizing and weight.
- Both also launched with a similar type of navigation. Whether Irobot Roomba 890 or 891, they included the iAdapt Navigation system to help the vacuum cleaner work on the optimum way in navigating the device to clean the whole area. This system consists of three sensors to work, an infrared beam and photocell sensor, touch-sensitive bumper, and ledge detection sensors. These sensors allow the vacuum cleaner to detects walls and enormous obstacles by slowing down to avoid the collision, stops the vacuum cleaner when hit animate nor inanimate objects, and alerts the bot to turn on when it is dropped off.
- Both also consist of similar dirt detection technology and a true HEPA filter. Therefore, both are considered suitable to help those with allergies or asthma symptoms. It even works best to clean the muddy tracks from your lovely pets.
- In terms of connectivity, they both also connected through a Wi-Fi connection. They also provided with iRobot Home Application that also supports Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa assistant.
- Irobot Roomba 891 and 890 consists of similar 1000 Pa power suction and an 1800 mAh power battery.
- Each also capable to perform for a maximum of 90 minutes to clean the whole expected area.
- In terms of noise, both products also launched with the same level of noise grades 66.2 decibels.
- Each product operates with AeroForce three stages cleaning system. Therefore, it guarantees a swift and strong cleaning system with lee effort to maintain the product.
Even that both are completed with some similar features, there are some purposes of the brand when deciding to launch the updated version. If you look more details, there are several feature differences between Irobot Roomba 891 vs 890. The differences as mentioned in the following points.
- The main difference that you want to consider will be the dust bin capacity of each product. Irobot Roomba 891 only able to carry 0.3 liters. While Irobot Roomba 890 can carry up to 0.75 liters. Therefore, in terms of capacity, the 890 version is bigger than the 891 version.
- Another important difference to see is the virtual wall barrier features. This is only available on iRobot Roomba 890. Therefore, it makes 891 not improves anything in terms of this feature.
- Another difference is the design color of each product. You will see that 890 versions are designed with a black outer ring and copper color top. The product also has three onboard controls and 4 status indicators. While 891 versions are designed with champagne gold color on the top. This lead 891 looks more fresh and modern.
- The last difference that you want to consider is the accessories in each package. When you buy 890 versions, you will get a virtual wall barrier and an extra Aero Force filter. While if you select 891 versions, you wouldn’t able to get these two items.
Another concern from the consumer is usually the total cost that they have to paid when buying something. The same way that many consumers try to look at when selecting between Irobot Roomba 891 vs 890. If you see on various e-commerce, you will find that Irobot Roomba 890 is selling for $426. While if you plan to get Irobot Roomba 891, this product is selling at $380. Therefore, you will pay more cost if you plan to buy Irobot Roomba 890 than 891 versions. Read also: Ecovacs Deebot N79 vs Roomba.
Irobot Roomba 891 vs 890
After reading the above information, you can see that in terms of similarities, many items that are included in both, Irobot Roomba 890 and 891. The major differences between both products are the dustbin capacity and wall barrier features. Of course, these differences lead to the different prices of each product. You can see above that Irobot Romba 890 costs $50 higher since this series consists of larger dust bin capacity and provided with wall barrier features. Therefore, if you wish to get a better feature between Irobot Roomba 891 VS 890, then it is advisable to select Irobot Roomba 890. Even that it will lead you to more money to pay.